A group of 25 students accompanied by Eng. Omar Otoom from the Department of Civil Engineering at Fahad Bin Sultan University visited on Monday, November 9th, 2015 a construction site in Tabuk University. The visit started by a short meeting with the site engineers who welcomed the visit and showed us a brief description about the work and the safety measures required on site.
During the visit of the project which is still in its early stages, the students had a chance to learn about the following:
- •Compaction, where the compaction machines were working in some site areas to prepare the ground for the foundation work.
- •Formwork of footings and columns.
- •Reinforcement of footings for both single and combined footings.
- •Preparations and cuttings of stirrups and main reinforcement.
- •Isolation of footings using asphalt.
- •Splices between footings and columns.
The trip lasted for nearly two hours during which the students learned about various site work activities and coordination between different project personnel to finish works in a proper way.