To be a model college reputed for strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research, significant enhancement of creativity and innovation, and permanent engagement with the local community.
The College of Sciences and Humanities (CSH) at Fahad Bin Sultan University (FBSU) strives to offer high quality programs that prepare its graduates for successful careers as well as for the pursuit of advanced graduate studies in their respective fields of specializations. Following a liberal arts educational philosophy, the college aims to equip its students with a range of contemporary skills in various domains of communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, and socio-cultural interaction. The college also aims to promote innovative research, ethical practice, respect for individual differences, and commitment to integrity and life-long learning.
In the pursuit of its mission, the CSH is guided by a set of abiding core values:
- Commitment to Excellence in Education
- CSH endeavours to achieve excellence by providing educational programs that meet the diverse, lifelong learning needs of our students. This is to be achieved mainly by combining up-to-date information, effective strategies and techniques, and continuous and close assessment of our learning outcomes.
- Creativity and Innovation
- CSH values creativity and innovation by creating a dynamic educational environment.
- Commitment and Contribution to Community
- CSH seeks to meet the needs of the population of KSA through quality research and creative work. It also endeavours to promote social responsibility, enhance active participatory citizenship, and reinforce the national unity and cultural authenticity.
- CSH commits itself to work toward its objectives in genuine partnerships with individuals, families, community organizations, businesses, and other groups and agencies at the local, regional, national and international levels.
- CSH adheres to ethical standards by paying deliberate and systematic attention to the ethical principles that guide all leaders in a moral society.
The college is committed to achieving the following objectives:
- Providing students with a solid foundation in literacy and numeracy skills.
- Developing students’ content and procedural knowledge.
- Developing students’ communicative competencies, cognitive abilities and social skills.
- Promoting ethical and professional practice.
- Preparing students for graduate studies in their respective fields of specialization.
The programs’ curricula are designed in line with the contemporary knowledge-bases of the various disciplines as well as some of the widely-accepted international standards.
Programs of Study
The College of Sciences and Humanities offers service courses to students of all the majors at FBSU to assist them in completing the requirements of their respective program. In addition, the college offers an undergraduate program that grants a Bachelor’s Degree in English Language and Translation (BELT).
Admission to the bachelor’s degree program in the Department of English Language and Translation is based on the general University’s admission requirements as decided by the Ministry of Education and the University Admission Committee.